Flow Assurance is the study of how to ensure successful and economical flow of hydrocarbons from reservoir to production facility. Future Technology provides flow assurance consultancy services for all life-cycle stages of a project; early-phase studies, screening, feasibility, concept selection, FEED, Detailed engineering and operation.
Our flow assurance team has worked with a wide range of development concepts, fluid types, and environmental conditions. Our Flow Assurance expert has more than 20 years of experience with multiphase dynamic simulations (OLGA) and analyses as well as OLGA code development.
• Multiphase and single phase flow in wells and pipelines • Optimalization of pipeline diameter (dP vs stability) and insulation/inhibition/heating (cost vs operability) • Slugging evaluation and mitigation • Surge and thermal analysis of operational transients (shutdown, blowdown, start-up, JT cooling, etc) • Pressure protection analysis (waterhammer, choke collapse etc)
• Wax and hydrate control • Evaluation of asphaltenes and scale • Detailed scale analysis in cooperation with Scale Consult AS
•Evaluations of pipeline size, insulation, heating, hydrate/wax prevention strategies, operational procedures etc are performed as part of Feasibility, FEED, verification studies etc
Design and testing
• Manifold and XT design wrt. erosion, FIV, hydrate prevention, insulation and thermal management • Advise on cool down and thermal testing of subsea equipment
• Reduced size and weight | reduced costs in fabrication, installation and maintenance • Controllability | cooling can be adjusted to yield an optimal outlet temperature • Passive | no energy consumption and minimized need for maintenance • Environmentally friendly | reduced need for chemical injection and no C02-emissions
• Pipeline inlet cooling | to enable the use of less expensive pipeline materials • Inter-stage and inlet cooling | for subsea gas compressors to increase efficiency • Re-cycle cooling | for subsea gas compressors • Subsea separation | for increased separation efficiency • «Cold flow» | to control hydrates and wax in pipelines
FSCC is a 2nd generation passive subsea cooler that is characterized by being simple, robust, reliable, and uses well-proven principles to operate. FSCC exploit the naturally buoyant flow of seawater around the cooler tubes to maximize the cooling rate and minimize the overall size and weight. FSCC is designed to operate in an environment with quiescent seawater, yet sea currents will increase its cooling performance. Depending on the application, the cooling requirement may change considerably during the lifetime for an oil/gas field. Changes in production rates and water content change the cooling requirements significantly. The controllability is an important feature for its application within Oil & Gas, where changes in production rates and water content change the cooling requirements significantly. A controllable cooler reduces the risk for overcooling, thus preventing hydrate formation and wax precipitation. A controllable cooler contributes thereby to reduce the need for chemicals.
Future Technology AS has developed FSCC with support from ENGIE E&P NORGE, Lundin Norway AS, Innovation Norway and the Norwegian Research Council through the DEMO2000 program.
• Thermal analysis of subsea equipment wrt. hydrate and wax management • Erosion analyses of complex pipe geometries in accordance with DNV-RP-O501 • Vibration analysis of jumpers, spools and other flexible piping • Thermal analysis of equipment wrt. overheating of electronics and seals/gaskets • Fire, explosion and gas dispersion analysis of on- or offshore facilities
SENIOR ENGINEER, FSCC / CFD
+47 951 911 83
Computational fluid dynamics (CFD) is the art of using computers to analyse and solve problems involving fluid flows which cannot be solved analytically. A 3D numerical model is used to predicts the movement of gases or liquids and their interaction with solids. The purpose is to assess how fluid flow influence the performance of a process or equipment. CFD has a plethora of applications ranging from fundamental research on plasma turbulence (stars and fusion technology) to thermal management in cars, to fire simulations of offshore platforms for safety assessments. Within Oil & Gas, and especially subsea, CFD can be used for thermal analyses wrt. hydrate management.
Future Technology AS can provide CFD-analysis performed in-house using various general purpose CFD-tools and specific CFD-tools for specific tasks. Future Technology AS also provides consultancy resources for rental to complement or lead CFD-teams on projects.
Our CFD-expert holds a PhD within CFD with 10 years’ experience with CFD within the Oil & Gas-industry.
Apply for an available position or just send us an open application.